Tuesday 6 June 2017

Day 1 Journey to Budapest

I got out of bed as quietly as possible at 5:00 am to avoid waking my wife. After dressing in another room and letting the dog out for a wee, I walked to the coach station. While I could have booked a taxi the hour's walk allowed some exercise in a day otherwise dedicated to sitting on buses and planes. The uncharacteristically empty streets and stationery swans, geese and ducks in the park (too early for them to chase young and old for stale bread) were another reward.
A long coach trip to Gatwick airport followed with the usual motorway delays. A book on my kindle by Hungarian author Antal Szerb gave some distraction. Then it was a wait at the airport while reading of the latest terrorist atrocity before the flight to Budapest.  Successfully negotiating the free shuttle from Budapest airport I reached the Airport hotel. A hotel more for business people and more expensive than I expect later accommodation to be, but handy for the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment