Saturday 17 June 2017

Day 12 Sirok to Szarvasko

A large and group of young people were at the campsite last night, talking and enjoying themselves until after midnight. Although they kept me awake I consoled myself that they would be late getting up and I would have the toilet block to myself in the morning. I was wrong! At 6:30 am the block was full of steam as fit young men showered. While they had a breakfast arranged at the campsite I walked down to the local Coop to buy mine, conveniently open from 6:30 and complete with coffee machine (with unpleasant tasting coffee).
On heading off my first stop was the castle ruins overlooking the campsite. Closed at the time I arrived but with some great views. There were some interesting shaped rocks nearby which added to the scenic interest. The walk today was mainly through oak forest with some beech and what I identified as locust trees. I had seen quite a few on my walk through Hungary and camped under some last night but it took some time to confirm their identity using Google (they look a bit like Mimosa and as they were not in flower...).
A red fox crossed into my path,  paused to look at me (while I tried to stay still pretending to be tree), and then headed off, unconvinced by my tree impression. This happened twice, the most foxes I have seen in a day since walking through London on the Thames path (Britain has a lot of urban foxes).
Arriving at Szarvasko around 1:00 pm I spotted a coffee trailer and had a lovely Turkish coffee with a bit of orange in. Hugely better than the coffee I bought from a machine this morning. Then it was to another campsite, Oko park, which like yesterday's site is underneath a Castle ruin. I climbed up to the castle but there was very little left of it, but good views from the rock.

Sirok Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment